The Veterinary Medical Center of Long Island is looking for Licensed Veterinary Technicians to join our team. FT and PT opportunities are available within this state of the art veterinary specialty & emergency critical care facility located on the south shore of Long Island in West Islip, NY.
We have Openings currently in our Emergency Department, Neurology Department, and Internal Medicine Service for days, evenings, weekends, and overnights. We offer competitive salaries and a generous benefit package. Full and Part time hours are available. Weekend and overnight shifts are available. $2,500.00 Sign On Bonus available for FT Applicants! For Immediate consideration you can also apply on the web at www.vmcli.com
Works closely with: Hospital Administrator, Head Vet Tech, Clinicians, and Owners
VMCLI’s Conformance Statements
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
• Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
• Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
• Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
• Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
Veterinary technicians provide high quality medical care to all in-patient and outpatient animals as directed by a veterinarian.
The following is a list of essential job requirements. This list may be revised at any time and additional duties not listed here may be assigned as needed. Job Functions and Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Proficiency in proper animal restraint.
• Ability to draw blood and place catheters (jugular and femoral catheterization required).
• Experienced or educated in laboratory procedures such as proper blood and specimen handling, reading of fecal assays and urinalysis.
• Familiar with radiographic technique and positioning.
• Administration of intravenous drugs and anesthetic agents, including understanding of the basic mechanics of an anesthesia machine.
• Monitoring of all patients and able to identify medical emergencies.
• Proficiency in aseptic technique, including cleaning, sterilizing and packing of surgical instruments, drapes and gowns.
• Ability to assist in surgery at the discretion of the veterinary doctor.
• Maintain cleanliness in the kennel, prep room and surgery areas; stocking as needed.
• Controlled drug log recording.
• Inventory management.
• Client communication and education
• Basic understanding or the ability to learn veterinary software programs.
• NYS license required. Eligibility for licensing accepted.
• General knowledge of instruments and supplies.
Special Position Requirements/Physical Requirements
• Ability to restrain animals of all sizes; work with blood and feces, and potential exposure to X-Rays when medically necessary.
• The ideal candidate is skilled, organized, caring and has a desire to be part of a growing veterinary referral practice that is a crucial component of a continuum of care that supports long-term relationships between companion animals and people.
• Experience in emergency medicine and private practice preferred.
The Veterinary Medical Center of Long Island (VMCLI) is a 28,000 square foot, state of the art, 24-hour, emergency and multi-specialty referral practice, located in West Islip, Long Island.At Veterinary Medical Center of Long Island, we know that the connection to your pet lasts a lifetime. next to you and your family, your veterinarian is one of the most important people in your pet's life. Our caring approach places emphasis on an efficient and accurate diagnosis, gained by the use of the least invasive techniques permissible. This often requires the expertise of our specialist staff. We are committed to providing cutting-edge veterinary medicine and sharing this knowledge and expertise with both pet owners and referring family veterinarians. We specialize in critical emergency care and offer a variety of services to meet your pets needs.Our emphasis is on efficient and accurate diagnosis gained by the use of the least invasive approach whenever permissible. This often requires the expertise of our specialist staff and the advanced diagnostic equipment and procedures available at our medical center. Clear and effective communication is of paramount importance to the professional ...and personal relationships formed among our staff, our patients, their families and referring veterinarians. Our medical therapies and care are of the highest caliber and our care- givers are devoted to healing with compassion. We are committed to staying on the cutting edge of veterinary medicine and offering that knowledge to our community. The mutual trust and respect that we have earned with area pet owners and veterinarians has resulted in ours being the finest veterinary medical center in the area. This will continue to be the case for years to come.