Hillside Veterinary Clinic is hiring an Emergency Veterinarian Medical Director!
Hillside Veterinary Clinic is in Dallas, Texas. We have a well-equipped facility with a devoted and highly skilled staff. At Hillside Veterinary Clinic, we provide primary, emergency, and urgent care to dogs and cats in the greater Dallas area.
The General Practice Medical Director is the leader of the hospital who partners and coordinates with the GP Medical Director, practice manager, and hospital leadership team to effect positive change, growth, and development of the hospital. They are influential in the vision and direction of the hospital and are actively involved in fostering a positive culture while ensuring high standards of patient and client care.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote the highest standards of medical care, and foster a collaborative, professional environment within the hospital
- Work with the Practice Manager and Regional Support team to support the operational needs and financial goals of the hospital
- Attend and participate in the hospital leadership planning meetings with completion of goals within assigned time frames
- Attends current required Thrive Leadership and EQ courses within the first year of being Medical Director
- Organize and attend monthly Doctor meetings. Oversee Doctor scheduling
- Performance management of doctors, maintaining a regular cadence of one-on-one meetings to provide support, feedback, and coaching. Targeted coaching and mentorship of new graduates.
- Lead doctor recruiting efforts and ensure onboarding and integration of new doctors into the hospital
- Policy and protocol development with a focus on maintaining high standards of care in the hospital and optimizing workflow
- Ensure compliance with the Thrive Controlled Drug Policy, and state and federal controlled drug requirements.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA regulations and recommendations with the support of the hospital safety committee
- Monitor and oversee Doctor KPIs and financial data to achieve budget performance and goals in collaboration with the practice manager
- Work to develop client relationships with the practice including handling complaint review and mitigation
- Maintain excellent relationships with referring veterinarians with outreach and communication
Job Qualifications and Requirements
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine or equivalent from an accredited university with a license to practice in the state of Texas
- Maintain DEA registration as required by the Controlled Substances Act
- Should have a minimum of 3 years of practice experience
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and strong written and oral communication skills. Must possess sound medical reasoning skills and strong medical ethics.
Industry Leading Benefits!
- Employer-sponsored 401(k) match
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- Employer-sponsored health savings account (HSA) match
- Flexible spending accounts
- Employer-sponsored life insurance
- Supplemental life and disability insurance
- Legal & identity theft plans
- Paid personal time off
- Paid parental leave
- Paid CE time off
- Generous CE discretionary fund
- Subsidized backup care & family care?benefits
- A veterinary-specific employee assistance program
- Fertility/Adoption/Surrogacy support and discounts
- A very generous veterinary service discount for your pets
- Relocation package if necessary
For more information about this opportunity, contact Tammy at ERrecruiting@thrivepet.com or send me your resume!!
We celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and diversity of all of our team members, pet parents, and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feel empowered.